- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
Shipping & Delivery
- The products that we offer for sale are in normally stock, unless the product specifically says “Out of Stock”. Most times we re-order the items back in, unless they have been discontinued. Orders are usually dispatched within 24 business hours. If an order is placed after Friday 4.00pm, a tracking number may not be issued until Sunday night or Monday Morning. There are some very small items that we offer as standard postage to minimise postage costs to our customers, which means envelope and stamp but no tracking number.
Hobby Central also partners directly with leading freight providers to help get your order to you fast, including Sendle, Australia Post, Pack & Send and other courier companies. You will always receive a tracking number from us (except for standard postage), so that you can track your order at any time. We always try to use the cheapest courier where possible. If we post your item with Sendle (excluding items under 500 grams) we will always select “Signature on Delivery” unless you advise otherwise. When posting with Australia post, “Signature on delivery” is an additional cost for this service, so please call us or send us an email with your preference. If an order is misplaced by the courier and not delivered we will attempt to rectify the situation with the courier on your behalf. If the purchase has been delivered, but the purchase is missing, we are not able to assist in this situation. You will need to contact the police and report as “stolen”. We may offer a replacement at a discounted price + postage with signature on delivery, paid by the customer.
Please Note: “Sendle – Premium” is NOT Express post. Sendle is a competitor to Australia Post and offers “free signature on delivery”. The couriers that Sendle contracts to is normally Fastways Courier or Couriers Please.
Incorrect Address Supplied
In the event an incorrect address is supplied, and the parcel has been posted the buyer will be required to pay additional postage to the correct address, once it returns back to Hobby Central. Unfortunately, if it is not returned to our store, then Hobby Central is not liable or responsible for replacing the order.
- Privacy & Security
- We collect contact information provided by customers when registering on the site, placing an order, and subscribing to newsletters. Details we collect include customers’ names, email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers.
We do not collect or store any credit card information. We use PayPal and Square to complete our transactions. Information customers share with PayPal and Square are covered by their respective privacy policies.
We use customer’s details for delivering, customer purchases, improving customer service, personalising the website’s user experience, improving the site, running promotions, and other site features. Customer details are not sold to or shared with any third parties.
- Returns & Replacements
- Faulty goods
We love the RC products we stock and want you to feel the same way about your purchase. If there is something wrong with your product, call us first to advise the problem. In most cases, if there is a problem, we will ask you to post the item back to either Hobby Central or the wholesaler at your cost. Hobby Central or the wholesaler will then inspect the product and advise if the product is faulty. The product will either be repaired, replaced with a new product. If a new product is not available, then a refund will be given, in the same way the original payment was made.
We are mindful to minimise unnecessary costs where we can. We’ll endeavour to resolve any issues without the need to use any shipping at all. We assess this on a case by case basis. Good quality digital photos can be used to help us determine the detailed nature and specifics of the problem. The product must be returned in suitable secure packaging to prevent any damage in transit, (intact original packaging is ideal). All defective or missing parts deemed to fit within the warranty will be replaced by Hobby Central or the wholesaler free of charge, excluding any labour or delivery costs.
Goods Returned for Warranty found to be working
Some products returned to Hobby Central are found to be in good working condition, therefore we are sometimes we are required to charge a service and freight fee for testing and returning on-faulty goods. Testing and returning goods to wholesalers take time and labour, as well as incurring postage costs back and forth. Please take the time to carefully troubleshoot your product if you have difficulties, and contact us for assistance if required.
Goods Returned found to be Physically Damaged
Products that are physically damaged via impacts, use of incorrect fuels, incorrect batteries or via foreign objects such as mud, pebbles, sand, water, corrosive liquids etc or any other form of physical alteration are not covered by warranty. In these circumstances please contact Hobby Central for service assistance whereby parts and repairs may be performed at a nominal cost depending on the repairs required.
- Hobby Central has designed the website to provide a great online shopping experience. Through the development of our site, we have specifically aimed for it to be simple to browse and locate the product that you may be interested in. Use the search bar to assist you to narrow down your choice or product in the category columns, or search for your target part.
We deal directly with Australian wholesalers and offer you the best possible price. You can shop with us 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and enjoy specials, newsletters and subscriptions from the convenience of your home or office.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Hobby Central is your one stop Online Hobby Shop located in the Whitsundays in Northern Queensland. We sell a wide range of well-known brands of radio control cars, trucks, buggies, rock crawlers, drift cars, short course trucks, planes, quads, model kits, Diecast Cars, Toys, Radio’s, Batteries & Chargers and heaps more.
We aim to sell our products at affordable prices with excellent customer service.
Our range of products cater for young children to Racing Professionals. Hobby Central has over 2500 products in stock and expanding. Hobby Central is a family based business and we are passionate about the products we sell and looking after our customers. If we don’t have what you’re looking for, give us a call and we can order it in for you.
We are always searching for new and exciting products that we can retail at a competitive price. We sell our Radio Control products to all customers throughout Australia and overseas. We have been in business for over 15 years, previously tracking as RC Nitrocentral. As well as selling a great range of the world’s leading hobby brands, Hobby Central staff actively promotes the hobby through community clubs and sponsorships.
- When you receive your order, please follow the steps below.
- Check that the correct goods have been sent to you. Make sure your delivery invoice is correct.
- Carefully unpack and inspect all merchandise, taking care not to damage the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any of the original packaging materials, such as boxes, instructions, inserts, bags etc. until you are satisfied with your order.
- Keep the supplied Hobby Central invoice or packing slip / invoice slip with your important records.
- Read all instruction manuals before installing, testing & using your goods. Once a product has been used it is not possible to return it if it is the wrong product.
- Have Fun and Enjoy your new product
Nitro & Petrol-Powered Products
Products that employ the use of nitro or petrol forms of power often require a level of adjustment, tuning and troubleshooting. We recommend them for intermediate and advanced users only. Because experience level and mechanical experience varies considerably amongst hobby enthusiasts, the adjustment and turning or nitro or gas-powered products is not covered under warranty as it is not a manufacturing fault.
Cancelling an Order
We do not offer a refund for “change of mind”, however under exceptional circumstances if we do cancel an order, a 15% restocking fee will be charged as Hobby Central is still required to pay paypal, afterpay, zippay, humm lay buy and ebay commissions on all transactions, even cancellations and refunds.
Hobby Central endeavours to provide an accurate and up to date stock status for our products so that customers can see and rely on the product availability displayed in our store. Unfortunately, there are many factors which can cause stock level inaccuracies. If part of an order is unable to be supplied, Hobby Central will call you to advise the situation and options available.
Whilst we try our very best to keep our pricing accurate and up-to-date, errors can occur on our behalf. In the event that a purchase is made for a product/s where such an error has occurred, we reserve the right to cancel or temporarily place a hold on the order process whilst we get in contact with the purchaser to determine the best course of action, whether that’s a partial refund for the affected products, or a full refund and order cancellation.
- All cards expire in 36 months from the date of purchase
- Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited upon card expiry
- Except as required by law, this card is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash
- Gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers
As part of our online shopping site, we’ve provided a variety of secure payment options including Afterpay, Zippay, Laybuy, Humm, Direct Bank Deposit, Credit Card and PayPal.
High Speed Products or Items that Fly
It is essential that you test products that fly prior to take-off just like a real pilot would test an aircraft. The same reasoning applies to products that move at high velocity. This is to ensure parts are functioning and are in working order, and also ensures that components have not been broken or worn-out during previous use, worked their way loose, or have become faulty. Discovering a loose component or malfunction whilst in mid-air may lead to detrimental damage.
Damage sustained as a result of a crash is not able to be covered under warranty. In these instances please contact us to assist you with servicing or repair.
Batteries and Battery Chargers
Please note that engaging in electronic hobbies often involves dealing with rechargeable batteries. These batteries are not the same as household batteries, are not intended for normal household use and therefore require additional precautions. If you are unable to strictly follow these precautions please restrict your purchase to products that involve AA or AAA batteries only.
- Never recharge batteries unattended or overnight, recharging should always be supervised.
- Always recharge batteries in a fire-safe, cool and well ventilated area.
- Never allow children to handle or recharge batteries and electrical items.
- Store batteries in a fire safe bag or area, and ensure terminals cannot short out.
It is important to follow the above. By not following these precaution, your actions may lead to damage to the battery, damage to the product, fire or serious injury!