Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and J Bluck & S.J. Bluck trading as Hobby Central. By visiting or using Our Website, you agree to be bound by them.
We are: Hobby Central, a partnership registered in Australia, operating in Queensland, ABN: 66 136 276 794.
You are: Anyone who uses Our Website
Please read this agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave Our Website immediately.
The terms and conditions:
In this agreement:
means any person or business contracted by us to carry Goods from us to you.
means any content in any form published on Our Website by us or any third party with our consent.
means any of the goods we offer for sale on Our Website, or, if the context requires, goods we sell to you.
means any website of ours, and includes all web pages controlled by us.
means display, exhibit, publish, distribute, transmit and/or disclose information, Content and/or other material on to Our Website, and the phrases “Posted” and “Posting” shall be interpreted accordingly.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person is a reference to one or more individuals, whether or not formally in partnership, or to a corporation, government body, or other association or organisation.
- these terms and conditions apply to all supplies of Goods by us to any customer. They prevail over any terms proposed by you.
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing.
- except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person.
- in this agreement references to a party include references to a person to whom those rights and obligations are transferred or passed as a result of a merger, division, reconstruction or other re-organisation involving that party.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement do not affect the interpretation.
- a reference to an act or regulation includes new law of substantially the same intent as that act or regulation.
- in any indemnity, a reference to costs or expenses shall be construed as including the estimated cost of management time of the indemnified party, such cost calculated $66 per hour.
- these terms and conditions apply in any event to you as a buyer or prospective buyer of our Goods and so far as the context allows, to you as a visitor to Our Website.
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
Our contract with you
- This agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings between the parties.
- Each party acknowledges that, in entering into this agreement, he does not rely on any representation, warranty, information or document or other term not forming part of this agreement.
- If you use Our Website in any way and make an order on behalf of another person you warrant that you have full authority to do so and you accept personal responsibility for every act or omission by you.
- The majority of goods advertised on our website, that state “in Stock” will be in stock, although from time to time, the stock count can be out due to theft of stock or the website has not accounted for a sale, however we do our best to ensure it’s accuracy.
- We aim to ensure that all product information is 100% accurate to help you make informed decisions. We also aim to ensure that the products are accurately depicted in photos displayed on the website. Please note however that variations in images or descriptions may occur due to picture resolution, individual computer settings or inadvertent error. We will not be held liable for any error or inaccuracy in the description or images of products on the Website.
- From time to time, we will take “Pre-Orders” for products which are currently not in stock at the time of ordering, but will be arriving in the coming months or weeks. We will communicate with you, as soon as we receive information on the products arrival date.
- We may change these terms from time to time. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on Our Website on the day you order Goods.
- The price of Goods may be changed by us at any time. We will never change a price so as to affect the price charged to you at the time when you buy those Goods.
- If in future, you buy Goods from us under any arrangement which does not involve your payment via Our Website; these terms still apply so far as they can be applied.
- We do not sell the Goods in all countries. We may refuse to deliver the Goods if you live in a country we do not serve.
Acceptance of your order
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. We shall accept your order by email confirmation. That is when our contract is made. Our message will also confirm details of your purchase and will advise of a tracking number for your order, which will be despatched either the same day if the order was received before 1:00pm and it is a weekday. If the order was received after 1:00pm, it will be posted the following day, if it is a weekday. At times we will post low value products using an envelope and stamps. In this case, a tracking number will not be advised.
- If we do not have all of the Goods you order in stock, we will offer you alternatives. If this happens you may:
- accept the alternatives we offer;
- cancel all or part of your order.
Price and payment
- The price payable for the Goods that you order is clearly set out on Our Website.
- It is possible that the price may have increased from that posted on Our Website. If that happens, we will not despatch the Goods until you have confirmed that you wish to buy at the new price.
- Prices include goods and services tax (“GST”).
- If the item you order is available in parts, you must pay us the full price of your order before we will send any part of it.
- Bank charges by the receiving bank on payments to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than Australian dollar will be borne by you.
- Any information given by us in relation to exchange rates are approximate only and may vary from time to time.
- If, by mistake, we have under-priced Goods, we will not be liable to supply those Goods to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch it to you.
- The price of the Goods does not include the delivery charge which will be charged at the rates applicable at the date you place your order and which will be displayed on a page of Our Website before we ask you to pay.
- If we owe you money (for this or any other reason), we will credit your credit or debit card as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than 2 days from the date when we accept that repayment is due.
Security of your credit card
We take care to make Our Website safe for you to use.
- Card payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
- If you have asked us to remember your credit card details in readiness for your next purchase or subscription, we will securely store your payment details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process your automatic monthly payments or other transactions which you have initiated.
Delivery and pick up
- Goods are despatched as soon as practicable from the day you place an order to purchase the Goods.
- Deliveries will be made by the Carrier to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept the delivery.
- If we are not able to despatch your Goods within 1 day of the date of your order, (not allowing for public holidays and weekends) we shall notify you by e-mail to arrange another date for despatch.
- If an address has been advised incorrectly or cannot receive the goods purchased, then the buyer is responsible for any additional postage costs associated with resending or redirection.
- All Goods that have been posted with “Signature on Delivery” must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 years or over. If no one of that age is at the address when the delivery is attempted the Goods may be retained by the driver. When your Goods arrive, it is important that you check immediately the condition and quantity.
- If your Goods have been damaged in transit, you must refuse the delivery and immediately contact us so that we can assess the damage, as soon as the item has been received by us for inspection.
- If your Goods are not in working order on arrival, then you must notify us within 10 days of delivery of the product.
- Before returning a product with which you are experiencing problems with, read and check the manual;
- contact our customer service team to troubleshoot the problem over the phone.
- The majority of Goods are sent by Australia Post. We will send you a message by email to tell you when we have despatched your order.
- We cannot advise a particular day or at a particular time, that your goods will be delivered. This is dependent on the courier. But no time given is to be treated as contractual. We are not liable to you for any expense or inconvenience you incur on account of delayed delivery or non-delivery.
- Some Goods will be delivered direct from the wholesaler. When delivery of the Goods has been arranged directly with the wholesaler, you will be subject to the wholesaler’s delivery policy.
- Some Goods are so large and heavy that delivery times may be slightly longer. In this case, approximate delivery dates will be given when you place your order.
- Time for delivery specified on the order, if any, is an estimate only and time shall not be of the essence.
- We are happy for you to pick up Goods from our shop provided you make an appointment in advance and payment has been received into our bank or paid on pickup. A cheque on arrival is not acceptable.
- If you pick up Goods from our premises then:
- we will assist you in loading your items;
- Goods are at your risk from the moment they are picked up by you or your Carrier from our shop;
- you agree that you are responsible for everything that happens after you take possession of the Goods, both on and off our premises, including damage to property of any sort, belonging to any person.
Foreign taxes and duties
- If you are not in Australia, we have no knowledge of, and no responsibility for, the laws in your country.
- You are responsible for purchasing Goods which you are lawfully able to import and for the payment of import duties and taxes of any kind levied in your country.
Liability for subsequent defects
- We will repair or replace Goods which fail to comply with the provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or which shows a defect. If you claim that the item is defective, the following conditions apply:
- the defect must be reported to us within 7 days of becoming apparent;
- the defect results only from faulty design or manufacture and you wish to make a claim under the Manufacturing Warranty.
- you have returned the defective Goods or parts to us if we have so requested at your cost. If it is not practicable to return the product due to size, please contact us and we will arrange for an alternative means of assessment.
- If we agree that we are liable, we will repair or replace the Goods free of charge.
- If we repair or replace the Goods, you have no additional claim against us either under this agreement or by statute or common law, in respect of the defect.
- the Manufacturing Warranty does not cover:
- misuse or use of the product for a purpose for which it was not intended.
- commercial or industrial use when the product is not designed for commercial or industrial use;
- consumables such as filters, belts & oils;
- blockages of filters, carburettors and rotating parts or damage to the product as a result of such blockages;
- damage to the product caused by misuse of the product or any part of it; or
- damage to the product otherwise caused by the user including without limitation damage caused by the use of unauthorized parts in the product.
- In some cases, depending on the nature of the product or the fault, the product may be referred to the manufacturer or wholesaler to determine whether the fault is covered by the Manufacturing Warranty and if so, whether the product will be repaired or replaced (depending on the nature and severity of the fault). This may impact upon the length of time taken to process your claim.
- We will notify you if a warranty claim is not accepted and in that case you may be given the option to have the product repaired, serviced or replaced at your election and you will be responsible for any and all associated costs.
These provisions apply in the event that you return any Goods to us for any reason:
- We do not accept returns unless there was a defect in the Goods at the time of purchase and we have agreed in correspondence that you may return them. We will not provide a refund on products simply because you have changed your mind or the product was not what you expected.
- If a buyer requests a cancellation of an order, prior to the goods being despatched and we approve this cancellation, then a restocking fee of 15% of the total order value will be charged to cover cost associated with the administration of the cancellation.
- Before you return the Goods to us, please carefully re-read the instructions and check that you have assembled it correctly and complied with any provisions relating to the power supply and plugs.
- The Goods must be returned to us as soon as any defect is discovered but not later than 7 days.
- So far as possible, Goods should be returned:
- with both Goods and all packaging as far as possible in their original condition;
- securely wrapped;
- including our invoice;
- at your risk and cost.
- You must tell us by email message to firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to return Goods, specifying exactly what Goods and when purchased, and giving full details of the defect or other reason for return.
- In returning faulty Goods please enclose with it a note clearly stating the fault and when it arises or arose.
- Most of the Goods are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and the period of time stated will be in the warranty information sent to you with the product. Refer to paragraph 9.4 regarding what the warranty does NOT cover.
- If delivery was made to an Australian address, you are also protected by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- If we agree that the Goods are faulty, we will:
- repair or replace the Goods as we choose, that are of the same or similar description and specifications.
- Where a refund is applicable, it will be made via the same method of payment you used to make your online purchase.
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies so far as the applicable law allows.
- All the conditions, warranties or other terms implied by the law of any county other than Australia are excluded from this agreement to the extent permitted by law.
- We or our Content suppliers may make improvements or changes to Our Website, the Content, or to any of the Goods, at any time and without advance notice.
- You are advised that Content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. This is inevitable in any large website. We would be grateful if you bring to our immediate attention, any that you find.
- We give no warranty and make no representation, express or implied, as to:
- the quality of the Goods;
- any implied warranty or condition as to merchantability or fitness of the Goods for a particular purpose;
- the correspondence of the Goods with any description;
- the adequacy or appropriateness of the Goods for your purpose;
- the truth of any Content on Our Website;
- non-infringement of any right.
- We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect or consequential loss or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website or the purchase of Goods.
- Except in the case of liability for personal injury or death, our liability under this contract is limited, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the value of the Goods you have purchased.
Your account with us
- You agree that you have provided, and will continue to provide accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We need this information to provide you with the Goods.
- If you use Our Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for preventing any unauthorised person from using your account.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should tell us immediately if you believe some person has accessed your account without your authority and also log in to your account and change your password.
Restrictions on what you may Post to Our Website
You agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content which is or may:
- be malicious or defamatory;
- consist in commercial audio, video or music files;
- be illegal, obscene, offensive, threatening or violent;
- be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us or that you are connected with us or that we have endorsed you or your business;
- solicit passwords or personal information from anyone;
- be used to sell any goods or services or for any other commercial use;
- include anything other than words (i.e. you will not include any symbols or photographs) except for a photograph of yourself in your profile in such place as we designate;
- link to any of the material specified above, in this paragraph;
- send age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone under the age of 18.
Your Posting: restricted content
In connection with the restrictions set out below, we may refuse or edit or remove a Posting which does not comply with these terms.
In addition to the restrictions set out above, a Posting must not contain:
- hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorised by us;
- keywords or words repeated, which are irrelevant to the Content Posted;
- the name, logo or trademark of any organisation other than yours;
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information.
How we handle your Content
- If you Post Content to any public area of Our Website it becomes available in the public domain. We have no control over who sees it or what anyone does with it.
- Even if access to your text is behind a user registration it remains effectively in the public domain because someone has only to register and log in, to access it. You should therefore avoid Posting unnecessary confidential information.
- We need the freedom to be able to publicise our Services and your own use of them. You therefore now irrevocably grant us the right and licence to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use any Content that you place on Our Website, in public domains and in any medium. You represent and warrant that you are authorised to grant all such rights.
- We will use that licence only for commercial purposes of the business of Our Website and will stop using it after a commercially reasonable period of time.
- You agree to any act or omission which may otherwise infringe your right to be identified as the author and your right to object to derogatory treatment of your work as provided in the Copyright Act 1968.
- You now irrevocably authorise us to publish feedback, comments and ratings about your activity through Our Website, even though it may be defamatory or critical.
- Posting content of any sort does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over it and we will not protect your rights for you.
- You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of someone else’s intellectual property rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you.
- You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and not confidential.
- Please notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
Removal of offensive Content
- For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph is addressed to any person who comes on Our Website for any purpose.
- We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any customer for any purpose, nor do we assume any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without notice to you and without giving you a reason.
- If you are offended by any Content, the following procedure applies:
- Your claim or complaint must be submitted to us in the form available on Our Website, or contain the same information as that requested in our form. It must be sent to us by post or email.
- we shall remove the offending Content as soon as we are reasonably able;
- after we receive notice of a claim or complaint, we shall investigate so far as we alone decide;
- We may re-instate the Content about which you have complained or not.
- In respect of any complaint made by you or any person on your behalf, whether using our form of complaint or not, you now irrevocably grant to us a licence to publish the complaint and all ensuing correspondence and communication, without limit.
- You now agree that if any complaint is made by you frivolously or vexatiously you will repay us the cost of our investigation including legal fees, if any.
Security of Our Website
If you violate Our Website we shall take legal action against you.
You now agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it.
- link to Our Website in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of Our Website to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed Our Website by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- collect or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from Our Website, other than as permitted by this agreement or as is reasonably necessary for your use of Our Website;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website.
- Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us. You can do this without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any product or service in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent.
- you may copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with the purpose of Our Website.
You agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of the Goods;
- a breach of the intellectual property rights of any person.
- We will defend the intellectual property rights in connection with our Goods and Our Website, including copyright in the Content whether provided by us or by any other content provider (including copyright in text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data, and software).
- Except as set out below, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part.
- You may not use our name or logos or trademarks or any other Content on any website of yours or that of any other person.
- Subject to the other terms of this agreement, you may download or copy Content only for your own personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in it. You may not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
- When we communicate with you we do so by email. You agree that email communications are contractually binding in the same way as properly signed and dated paper sent by post.
- Where we provide goods or services without specific charge to you, then it (or they) is deemed to be provided free of charge, and not to be associated with any other Goods for which a charge is made. Accordingly, there is neither contractual nor other obligation upon us in respect of those goods or that service.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The rights and obligations of the parties set out in this agreement shall pass to any permitted successor in title.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- Any communication to be served on either party by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by post or by e-mail.
It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- So far as the law permits, and unless otherwise stated, this agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond his reasonable control, including any labour dispute between a party and its employees.
- In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the constitution of a limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body, then the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Queensland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in that State.