Multi-purpose and easy to fly, the E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m makes a great first twin engine model for intermediate to experienced pilots. Based on the popular STOL-capable bush plane, it features LED navigation and landing lights, flaps and includes provision for optional-use (included) floats.
- Scale replica of the STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capable cargo and passenger carrying utility aircraft
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first twin-powered model
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights plus operational flaps
- Scale details including molded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and more
- High-power brushless power systems with striped 3-blade counter-rotating props
- A single 3S 2200–3200mAh battery delivers excellent power and long flight times
- 5-Channel control with six (6) factory-installed servos and linkages
- Tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel for easy ground handling
- Includes matching optional-use floats with steerable rudder for flying from water
- Conveniently sized so it can be flown at soccer fields, large parks and in other suitable areas
- Easy to install/remove one-piece composite-reinforced wing with thumbscrew and snap-in struts
- Magnetically-secured top hatch for quick and easy access to the battery compartment
- Lightweight and extremely durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Fast and easy assembly, no glue required
Versatile and Capable Scale Civilian
The DHC-6 Twin Otter was manufactured by de Havilland Canada in 1965 in response to demand for a rugged STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) commuter aircraft. The DHC-6 Twin Otter carried passengers and freight into rugged places like the sub-zero Antarctic and hot North African desert. The production line was closed in 1988, after producing 844 aircraft. Viking Air Limited, British Columbia, Canada purchased the Type Certificates for all out-of-production de Havilland aircraft in 2005 and announced the Viking Series 400 Twin Otter Production Program two years later. By mid-2015 Viking had delivered 75 new aircraft and re-established the Twin Otter as a successful commuter airliner — whilst nearly 500 of the original Canadian produced aircraft also remained in operation. The E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m is a scale replica that makes the perfect first twin-powered model for intermediate to experienced RC pilots. It’s versatile, easy to fly, and is fitted with functional features that include LED navigation and landing lights, flaps, and provision for optional-use (included) floats.
The Perfect First Twin RC Plane
For RC pilots who want a great first (or next) twin model, there’s no better choice than the E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m. It delivers exciting “bush plane” scale looks and performance along with the inherent stability of a high-wing design, and the scale large fin/rudder make for great twin engine performance. The convenient size of the Twin Otter means you can transport it fully assembled in most vehicles for flying at a wide variety of locations with paved, grass or packed dirt surfaces, such as large parks, sports fields and RC flying fields. The fun doesn’t stop there, though — remove the tricycle landing gear, install the provided floats, and now you’re ready to go and fly from large ponds or small lakes. Having two landing gear options included in the box only adds to this model’s outstanding value. Together with the moulded-in panel lines, corrugated control surfaces and a scale-inspired trim scheme, the E-flite DHC-6 Twin Otter comes with many functional features including operational flaps, LED navigation and landing lights, and props finished with black and white stripes that look awesome whether spinning or standing still. The Twin Otter 1.2m scale plane offers a truly amazing flying experience that a wide range of pilots will love.
The factory-installed power systems feature high-power brushless outrunner motors equipped with three-blade counter-rotating propellers. The ESCs are wired so they can be powered with a single 3S 2200-3200mAh battery to deliver better-than-scale power and long flight times of up to 10+ minutes.
Versatile Gear Options
Equipped with tricycle landing gear that includes a steerable nose wheel, the Twin Otter offers excellent ground handling and can be flown from paved, grass or dirt surfaces. You can also fly from water using the included float set — it matches the trim scheme and features a water rudder for superb steering control. Both gear options are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
The realistic-looking LED landing and navigation lights are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery. Operational flaps offer improved slow-flight capability and performance while also making it possible to take off and land in shorter distances and at slower speeds.
Construction with molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex details and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and delivers the best flight experience possible.
Plug-N-Play Completion Level
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) model comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly and fly!
What’s in the Box?
(1) E-flite Twin Otter 1.2m with:
- (2) 20A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (2) Brushless Motor (installed)
- (6) Sub-Micro 9-gram Servo (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
What you need
- Full-range 5+ channel transmitter and receiver
- Compatible LiPo charger
- 3S 11.1V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector